One of Sara's favorite things, in a non you-should-like-it-too kinda way, is surprises. I don't understand the people in this world (most) who say they hate surprises. What? Why? That blanket, and bold with the use of the "H" word, statement must mean that one doesn't even enjoy fun surprises! "You weren't expecting it, but I just bought you a brand new car! You get a car! You get a car!" I couldn't help but throw in yet another Oprah reference! Anyway, the point is, just because the brand new automobile was a surprise, doesn't mean you hate it! C'mon, let's stay away from blanket statements...no one likes those.
One of my Obecian/work friends (I heart when two or more of my worlds collide) is getting ready to set off on a journey to Peru. Although she's not leaving until Fall, her belongings are beginning to go now. No hippie friend of mine needs a lot of stuff to survive. Some even say all you need is LOVE. Love is all ya need. So the belongings she donated to me and my home aren't needed, but definitely a fine addition. I have yet to go through the paper grocery bag of tricks, but on my four-minute drive to work this morning, the surprise bag sitting shotgun cured my ADHD.
Since I'm one of the people that LIKE, correction LOVE surprises, the reach in and see what you find game is a blasty treat for me. What was found in the surprise bag of tricks you ask?
1. Maalox (although embarrassing to admit, probably a wise donation for me these days. ah man!)
2. Q-tips. I don't know why anyone in their right mind would give up the glorious activity of digging cotton into their wet ears after a shower, but I'll take it.
3. Cube shaped vase. This doesn't actually count as a donation, since it was mine to begin with.
4. Brown 1/4 inch heeled sandals. OK. I like things that go on my feet. A better choice than the initial pair offered to me. "Umm, I try to stay away from shoes that look like they belong to the Wicked Witch of the West. Sorry."
5. Maalox...the reach in and see what you find game ALWAYS leads me to pick the same thing up more than once! Unless she gave me more than one box? I think the universe is messin with me.
Man I love surprises.