I realized (more like remembered) this morning that I am a bit crazy-just a little bit. I have all these trivial "rules" set for myself as I get ready for the day, all enforced in a matter of 20 minutes. The funny thing is...I don't generally follow rules! I don't run red lights or anything, but just look at what I'm doing right now for instance! I'm at work and writing on my blog. Hello?! Clearly I'm not an average rule-follower...at least not other people's rules I guess.
By the time I got ready and out the door this morning I had followed more than a sane (using that term loosely) amount of rules.
1. Only hit snooze once...twice is so not allowed.
2. Don't wear silver jewelry if there is gold anywhere on your shoes...even if it's just a buckle that is semi-covered by your pants.
3. Don't leave blow dryer or any other hair appliance plugged in. On the sink, no problem, on the sink and plugged in, not okay.
4. Put the hangers your clothes came off of in the laundry basket in the closet, not on the bed...especially not shared amongst both locations; like the shirt hanger in the basket and the one from your pants on the bed. No, no no.
5. Don't wear a headband and big earrings, nor glasses and big earrings. Too much!
6. Only wear a bangle when you're not wearing a ring on the same hand. Same reason as rule number 5!
7. Put empty water bottle sitting on the nightstand in the recycling bin in the kitchen, don't let it sit there all day!
Am I crazy or what? The craziest part of it all is that I'm actually a pretty laid-back woman! I'm a fricken "Yellow" and an "ESFP" for goodness sake! References=The Color Code and Myers Briggs personality tests (totally worth checking out sometime! It'll give you insight into your own craziness!)
Imagine if we wrote down all the quirky thoughts (or rules in my case) that went through our heads in a given day. I've shown just a snap shot of my insanity...only 7 rules out in the open, for all to see.
A Czech man I met in Basil, Switzerland said something that I still love quoting 'til this day. "If I wrote down everything I thought, I'd be writing all day long...with both hands!" Amen Tomas. Sounds even better in your broken English.
So fabulous reader, I hope you too take this lovely Thursday to think about how crazy YOU are.