Skip to main content

A better Monday than the last


Last Monday at this time I was feeling like death...and lookin' like it too!

This Monday begins a new week and a new and hopefully improved blonde. I started the day off with 45 minutes of cardio and some squats. My fantastic roomate (who has no morning commitments but still wants to get up at 6:30am to be my work-out buddy) and I have commited to getting our Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays started just like this morning, with an energetic workout. We'll change it up...doing things like swimming, walking, running and maybe taking a class at the gym. I figure not only will this help me feel good in my oh so silky bridesmaid dresses, but it might even put me in a better mood before work, making me like junior highers a little more perhaps? Oh did I mention my free weights had dust bunnies all over them? (there's my confession for the day!)

This week I return to bartending on Monday nights. There's nothing I hate more than feeling enslaved to my frenemies Sallie Mae and At&t, oh and the Portuguese man who collects my rent. I will file taxes this week, then anxiously wait for my tax return or IOU, depending on how our country decides to compensate me for my hard work.

All of these trivial things (trivial in the grand scheme really) put me in check. If I am on top of my finances and other adult-ish life stuff (boo!) and spending time doing things that make me feel alive (like working out!) somehow my whole world seems better. This sounds dramatic, but hang in there...It's like my perspective, self-image and outlook become...better. A part of that better-ness would include my outlook on....you guessed it-DATING. Okay hopefully you didn't just just throw up a little in your mouth. I of all people (evidence for this in blogs below) hate dating. However, I can't help but feel better (that might be the 100th time I used that adjective in this blog) about the whole dating thing.

A friend of mine recently enlightened me. We'll call him Mr. A...or perhaps "Master of the females" (that's a little shout out for you Mr. A, in case you didn't catch it). This master-mind and I often talk about men/women stuff, dating, blah blah blah. He has truly mastered the art form of picking up on women, in a totally non-scummy way. Actually I would say he has just mastered simply talking to women (yup, that's all it takes!) His M.O: leave a woman better than when you met her. Anyway, after my blabbering on about one of the P1-4's he made a great point. "Don't jump through any hoops. YOU are the prize. YOU are....(insert nice compliments here)"

My response= huh?...at first. Now, after chewing on that for about 2 weeks, I'm a slow learner, I realize...That's right! I've been focusing so much on not being so harsh and making men jump my hoops that I've forgot to be aware not to jump theirs! And truly, the nice guys (who hopefully don't finish dead last) won't have these ridiculous hoops. More where that came from, but only so much time today...Anyway, Thank you Mr. A. You are a gem.

More on new perspective to come. Perhaps in a Tangeant Tuesday segment ;)

Nothin but love,
Blonde Story Short

Comments

Marc Shulman said…
Mr. A is a scum bag! Just kidding. He and I go out and have fun. I'm very impressed at his skills. We definitely get into some trouble together...and will moreso in the near future.

Popular posts from this blog

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Midnight Velvet

I recently noticed a catalogue that has been sent to my house. Either my roommate is a closet weirdo or I have a few questions for Mrs. Kilrain who lived here pre-November. Midnight Velvet carries many a product. They sell everything from wall sconses with engraved churchy sayings to "Chocolate Passion Powder" and crushed velvet jump suits. I immediately wonder what individual has needs for all of these products. hmm.