Skip to main content

Just totally wild



It's been a while, but it's happened before...


where I share just how crazy I am. Like when I put my shoes underneath the coffee table instead of in their designated slot in my hanging shoe organizer. Just nutty...or letting an issue of "People" just hang out on the couch, instead of where we all know it belongs- in the magazine holder next to the floor lamp.


Oddly enough I've been told I'm actually a pretty good time (this is where I subtly convince you that I'm just a little crazy, or that it's just in the privacy of my own home, maybe you'll think it's endearing???)...It just comes down to this: At the end of the day, I can't be expected to be content when my throw pillows are in any other position than those in which they live. It's just not going to happen. Have I mentioned I'm really not a fan of germs and large crowds? Judgy wudgy was a bear...


Without (hopefully) sounding really nuts, I will say that being in a relationship (like a REAL one) challenges some of my, I dunno, quirks.


I don't want to go off on how MY stellar man-friend makes me reflect on my soooooooul... (maybe you didn't attend a Christian University and haven't heard this sort of tale before, let's just try to keep up regardless) but the truth of the matter is when you spend the majority of your time with someone (yes the majority, it IS possible without shacking up) one ends up compromising every now and then. I used to think compromise was something to steer clear of, go ahead and try to avoid it forever, see where it gets ya.


Recently I compromised...in a major way. Let's just say that the man is in debt BIG TIME. Let's just also say that I went to "Metal Fest." That's right...an entire festival dedicated to none other than, Heavy Metal. My strategically tattered jean shorts and plain black tee somehow didn't "fit me in" like I'd hoped. Shoulda worn my 18-hole Doc Martins (next time).


Metal Fest provided the following for me:


1. Moments of complete terror...and also confusion (you didn't see some of those piercings okay)

2. Exposure to what is referred to as a Mosh Pit- Mom, look it up

3. Others' bodies and odors in my what I like to keep VERY personal space

4. New ideas about fashion (not really)

5. The title "Coolest girlfriend ever."


I do what I can. Even if it's just totally wild...

Go MegaDeath???

Comments

Amanda said…
I can hear you reading this whole thing in my head....this is so you!! So so so funny!! Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew