Skip to main content

Things I can't live without

I suppose since it's Thanksgiving time I should think about all that I am grateful for.  And I will.  Then perhaps I'll write them all down, specific to the people they involve, put them on leaf-shaped cards and pass them out accordingly.

As far as BSS goes...I'll just write about what I can't live without.  Superficially speaking...

1.  Baby Powder.
It's not #1 by coincidence.  If you don't know the power of the powder, you're about to.  Baby powder is what keeps my coworkers (and probably loved ones) from thinking I'm a total hobo.  No, I don't put it on my body.  Gross...its place is clearly on unwashed hair. As most highlighted blondes know, a day or two (or three?) without a wash can cause some serious rootage.  And that's where the BP comes in.  Not only will you find the smell pleasant, sort of like a newborn's head, but you'll also gain at least an hour of your life. *Teenagehood proved that "doin' hair" meant at least an hour to plan for Dad to wait in the garage. Wise man to make himself scarce with that much electricity and aerosol under one roof.

2.  A big fricken bag, with a clutch inside it.
I carry around a lot of crap.  I live on a boat.  I have two offices to go between, and a freakish obsession with being prepared for just about anything.  Band aids, a tube of Aquaphor, this month's bills...all in the big fricken bag.  The burden of it is gone anytime, since I can pull out the clutch (a houndstooth one at this point in time), that holds the bare necessities (and a shout wipe) and then do what I please.  I recommend a clutch-in-a-big-fricken-bag any day of the week.  Feel free to quote me.

3. A GREAT pair of black boots
Nothing makes me happier than shoes in general.  But great black boots really make my day. Since I house all of my apparel in a 3 foot tall "closet" and my trunk, the rotation of Fall/Winter attire grows dull rather quickly.  Ya know what makes those outfits seem like they're brand spankin' new?
(I won't insult you with an obvious answer)


There are a few more, but I don't want to overwhelm you, or transform this whatever-kind-of-blog-it-is into a Beauty-Fashion-Tips-kind-of-Blog. Not that we don't need those tips (Lord knows that's what my in the know friends are for) but tips from me?  I think you could probably live without.  I don't even wash my hair for crying out loud.

What I'm REALLY thankful for (aside from what's on the leaf cards and this post...and Downton Abbey) is my sweet, sweet little family:  The Hub and the 'daughts. Pretty sure that's what it's all about.

Until next time......





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew