Skip to main content

A REALISTIC perfect day.

This is my perfect day hair. Also my perfect day lips.


A perfect day.

It's very possible that my gals and I have gone around a dinner table and each responded to this prompt...What is your perfect day?  Good lesson to be learned here- women really like talking.  What?!

Obviously starting out with a magical walk on the beach and ending with dinner at Ruth's Chris would qualify as perfect.  These days in the midst of grad school, work, tight quarters and schedules, my perfect day has become just a bit simpler, and much more realistic.

I just wanna...
Be woken up by my husband on his way out the door, at 7.

Drink my latest Nespresso fave "Trieste Napoli".  Somehow it's just as fun to pretend I'm a Barista as it is to sip on that delightful brew.

Since my gym bag will have been packed the night before (it was done at the end of the perfect day prior) I'll throw on my favorite Nike Capri's and the rest of the necessary work-out/outer wear faves. The reality is I run (pretty slowly) on a treadmill, not in the "outer" parts, but try to look like I have it together when I arrive to the gym.  I figure I might as well fool at least a few people into thinking I'm stylishly athletic.  I actually sweat all over my favorite avocado, touristy t-shirt cerca Cabo 2010.  It's that real effortless look.

After my work out, I shower at the gym since I didn't forget my shower flip-flops.  Why do I always forget my flip flops?  Perfect days don't include forgetting.

Then I head to work, and on the way eat the other half of my PB&J that I made for breakfast.  Jillian says you should eat protein before and after a work out...why not?  I'm tuned into 760 KFMB and even though it's only 9am, the Sean Hannity show is on.

I probably should have mentioned that I did blow-dry my hair and it did turn out very straight.  Days that aren't perfect are typically about baby powder and buns, not blow-drying.

Work flies by and I am so productive that I even get in some reading for class and a blog post.  My class is tomorrow night, not tonight, because it's a perfect day.

I get home and am greeted by my boo and my cat.  The three of us eat dinner then watch last weeks' SNL.

We're in bed by 10...and I actually have washed my face, and put in my retainers (sexy right?).  My hub makes fun of my temporary speech imped for a few minutes, then we spoon.

And that's all folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew