Skip to main content

Tone it up...pay it forward

While my sister was visiting us in Idaho (by the way, please visit us in Idaho) we discussed fitness and dieting per our usual obligatory slew of topics.  She turned me onto Tone it Up. As always, I'm behind on anything that is cool.  I'm sure Tone it Up is old news, but still all the rage. 

I have been doing their free videos that work on any and all body parts and their HIIT's, High Intensity interval Trainings.  All amazing.  The best part, my baby is willing to sit in her *Rock and Play and watch me for up to 12 minutes. The "Rock and Play" is the only way my child will sleep outside of our bed. It's a miracle worker and the best piece of baby gear we own. 

Tomorrow I'm starting Tone It Up's 5 Day Slim Down.  This is not a free product like the videos...getting this information is part of the $150 Nutrition plan that I will not be purchasing. Instead, I scoured the internet and found bits and pieces of the plan, put them together on a piece of lined paper on my fridge and hit the grocery store for lots of produce and juices, including Coconut "drink" which I normally would be 100% against.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Since I found getting stolen information so helpful, I'm going to go ahead and spend the next 5 minutes before Charlotte's bedtime paying it forward and sharing it with you.  "Pay it Forward" is another cool thing (or at least was in 2010) that I would normally steer away from (not actually doing, but saying) but we're short on time and I'm trying to blog and bounce a 9 week old in her Infintino all at the same time. Note:  The Infintino is $18 on Amazon and basically a front-backpack that is Dad friendly and not the $200 Ergo.

This isn't a fitness or mom blog per say, but there are sprinklings throughout.

The Bombshell Spell Recipe:
This is the first thing you ingest each morning on the Slim Down.  I just made it and will throw it down the hatch tomorrow before my AM workout.

1/2 Cup Pineapple juice
1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
1 TSP Honey
Splash of Lime Juice

Shown: The Ingredients and our "Catch All" which  is great for OCD people that can't handle keys, sunglasses and mail on countertops.  My husband asked me if I went to Machu Picchu when I brought it home.



This is what's on the other side of that counter- Butter and Wine.  What can I say?

I'll be posting more on this plan as the week goes on, including what the plan actually is beyond the elixir shown above.

Nighty Night!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew