Skip to main content

What a hip post

With millennials home for summer, I've become hyper aware of the various lists that hit the internet scene daily...I think I've heard "Buzz Feed" referencecd at least 3-5 times in the last two weeks. Let's face it, I'm not cool at all so knowing what's going on is probably a step in the right direction.  Or shall I say knowing what's "hip." (No one says "hip" without "ster" at the end of it anymore, what a shame...that everyone is a Hipster...not the sudden halt in using the word "hip," just so we're clear)

My little six month old princess is keeping me busy these days, babies sleep less as the months go on, did you know that?  I didn't. And so...writing has become quite a commodity. This is a real tragedy when my morning caffeine rush has blog ideas flying like mad in this head of mine.  If only I could get them all down, what a substantial difference I could make in the world!

So today, in honor of this generation's A.D.D kids and my lack of time, I give you a list.

A list of things that I can no longer live without, now that I'm....30?  A mom? Lame?

Costco. Damn I love Costco.
25 minute work out videos. Sure I'm supposed to do them 6 days of the week. Uh, we work toward 3.  Weekends are just not an option (no one works out while they BBQ, camp and shoot guns- because that's what we do on weekends #Idaho) and well, sometimes 25 more minutes of getting the house in ship shape is just more appealing during nap time. OCD.
K'Tan.  What's a K'Tan you ask?  Only the best baby soother/cuddler/traveling item ever made. Charlotte and I enjoy a little K'Tan time down by the river.  Don't worry we don't live in a van.
Aero Press. Look it up.  Then go to Bed Bath and Beyond and enjoy it. Note:  I really should get some advertisers on this blog.  Isn't that what legit bloggers do?  I mean, I could promote the hell out of anything related to baby stuff, coffee and dry shampoo.
Lululemon. I hate myself for writing this. I tend to mock whatever the latest ridiculously popular trend is (see hating on Hipsters opener above).  But I gotta say, after years of Lululemon workout gear being all the rage and lovingly referred to as "Lulu's" (barf), I have conformed and become that fricken mom that wears their designer workout pants every day.  I'm so sorry. But it is the way things have to be. I mean, $95 spandex is super reasonable.
Boise Milk. If I had a blog devoted to life as an Idahoan (there's only so much time in a  day) I would probably reference Boise Milk as much as 20 year olds reference Buzz Feed. Then I would get them to advertise on my blog. What? We discovered that Boise Milk is the best milk in the whole world. While we are not Organic-Only shoppers (just like time, there is a limit on how much money can be devoted to produce and dairy) we do dig organic milk in a major way. Best part: Boise Milk gets delivered to our doorstep Thursday mornings in glass jugs.  Yup.  That's livin'.
Gardening. I've never felt more accomplished than the moment I saw my spinach, romaine, squash, roses, petunias and California poppies bloom.  Didn't you deliver a child recently?  Yes I did.

Okay most cool lists of insignificant things are 10 items long.  Mine is 7.  Can't be too "in."  Plus Charlotte is getting up any minute and Mama needs a shower.

Happy Tuesday and may the silly things you can't live without give you joy today.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew

Midnight Velvet

I recently noticed a catalogue that has been sent to my house. Either my roommate is a closet weirdo or I have a few questions for Mrs. Kilrain who lived here pre-November. Midnight Velvet carries many a product. They sell everything from wall sconses with engraved churchy sayings to "Chocolate Passion Powder" and crushed velvet jump suits. I immediately wonder what individual has needs for all of these products. hmm.