Skip to main content

Gotta have a Bach post...

 With a toddler keeping me busy, it seems that some of the only times I get to sit down and write are during Bachelor season…how odd. What I'd like to do is simply post a link to an SNL sketch called "Bland Man." It's pretty well done. Instead I'll break it down.

Obviously Ben is tall, dark and handsome…some might say. I do have to admit though, that bland may be an adequate forth word to describe him. Has the guy said one funny thing yet? And feeding Becca a maraschino cherry does not count as funny.  One would only be privy to that outtake if they watched "The Bachelor Live," airing right after the show. Why do I watch it every week? It pretty much sucks every time but I just can't turn the TV off immediately after that rose ceremony. Perhaps it's because I think Chris Harrison is actually the most intelligent "character" of them all. There is no doubt this guy is strategic enough to carry out a full blown cash grab. Good for you Chris. You milk that bachelor cow for all it's worth. You deserve it after 20 seasons of this nonsense.

 Before I get into my completely illegitimate opinions on this season, I have to share that nothing is more depressing than realizing you are older, much older, then any contestant on the show. When did this happen? I can remember watching it my senior year of high school and thinking "that's what I want when I grow up!" I didn't really think that, but I definitely believed the girls were SO much older than I was. Now 23 is the standard aged contestant, along with her twin, and I am almost a decade older than *the pair of them. Life is weird.
*Downton Abbey is the only other show I watch, so picking up British sayings seems completely appropriate.

 Without sounding cynical (we left those days behind) I can't help but point out that the quality of  female contestants has really gone downhill over the years .  I mean is "unemployed" really a profession? I'm pretty sure the 2016 criteria is a. long enough hair to  accomplish "Beach-waves"  and b. a hard enough body to NOT have a muffin top EVER, even when sitting *Indian-style in a bikini.  No judgment to the girls that meet the expectations and make it on. I would be in a bikini the entire time too if things were...different... I'd probably hang out in a bikini over here in the middle of an Idaho winter if I looked like some of those minors, I mean girls.
*"Chris-cross applesauce" may be a better way to describe "Indian style" for those of you that think referencing an ethnicity is racist.

Caila is my favorite in case you are wondering. She's just really cute.  And aside from her romper this week (booty shown and all) she dresses pretty classy too.

Ruthless Criticism #2, brought to you by me:
Have the dates gotten way more lame? I know helicopter rides are no joke and we can all appreciate them from time to time, but going to an abandoned Neon Museum when you're in Vegas, and could do just about anything with that abc budget? I'm confused. There's gotta be more money for this thing now than there ever has been. They have so much media surrounding this show...Bachelor reunions, twitter stuff that I know nothing about, "Bachelor in Paradise" for all the over-the-top insane gals/super scummy guys. It was once almost appealing to think about going on the show, with all the awesome things they were up to. Now, we just may be having more fun watching (and judging) from our couches.

 Number 3: I won't call it a criticism because I'm not sure if it's negative or positive… come to think of it, it's positive...There used to be just one, two, maybe three drunk and crazy chicks- they're serving white wine all night what do you expect? Now just about all of them are drunk (and a little crazy, or at least a lot dumb) all.the.time.  The entertainment value is well worth whatever they spend on booze. Last night during dinner I realized the show had  already been on for 30 minutes. My husband lovingly reminded me "There are skanks getting drunk and you're missing it!" Luckily I can get him to watch bits and pieces with me at the beginning of the season. Past week five or six when the "real love" starts- he's out. But pretty girls acting like complete idiots, what can I say, I get  humored. Thanks Boo.

I usually end my posts about "The Bachelor" with something like "I for one can't wait to see who he picks." Now I will just say, I don't care all that much, but will keep watching anyway.

Cheers and ¡Viva Mexico!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Midnight Velvet

I recently noticed a catalogue that has been sent to my house. Either my roommate is a closet weirdo or I have a few questions for Mrs. Kilrain who lived here pre-November. Midnight Velvet carries many a product. They sell everything from wall sconses with engraved churchy sayings to "Chocolate Passion Powder" and crushed velvet jump suits. I immediately wonder what individual has needs for all of these products. hmm.