Skip to main content

Bouncing Back.

Life is weird.

If you took the time to read my story about having my sweet Charlotte Grace then you know that a small part of that journey was miscarrying three months prior to getting pregnant with her.

I never thought that would happen in my life. I mean, why would it?

Now it's happened twice.

A week really can make all the difference.  Today I'm full of energy and feeling alive.  A week ago...let's just say that was NOT the case.

Grieving always makes me stop and evaluate, and of course having had a loss like this before, makes me consider the differences between life then and now.

My husband said it best: Having had a healthy, perfect baby is like already having a million bucks.  Sure, another million would be great but can you really truly mourn when you already have a million bucks running around your house!?

Other factors contribute to the ability to bounce back quicker this time around...I'm home full time with my little one so I don't have to put on a happy face for coworkers or throw on a pencil skirt and get out the door at a certain time. Not to mention, I believe life gets better and better (since we get better and better, hopefully) so I'm not totally surprised that a more recent loss could be handled better, for lack of a better word.

What I just can't fail to mention is that (drum roll please...) God is good. Some of you read that and say, "DUH" or maybe "Wow. What a weirdo."

Well, it needs to be said. I know so many that think with all the burdens, sadness and catastrophes in this crazy world,  it's easier to believe God can't be in control or truly GOOD.  You often hear it said, "Why would God let...(fill in the blank)" Well, I don't go there. I see God even in this situation, which for me, for our family, was a tragedy. I see His love in the new friends around us that left flowers and chocolate covered pretzels on our doorstep, on the reviving trip up to McCall, ID that had been *magically planned for months and happened to land on the weekend following my "miscarriage week." I see Him in my 18 month old that somehow knew playing independently and more than the usual hugs and kisses for her mommy needed to happen on those ugly days. Mostly, I see Him in my heart that has been healed rather quickly.
I feel *lucky that I don't really find it difficult to trust in the Lord and believe He is all that is good. For those that do, I have to assume that your faith (or future faith perhaps) just means that much more.
*Yea, I referenced magic and luck all while praising God.  I've never claimed to be appropriate!

My blog is a lot of things- usually nonsense and I tend to like it that way.  But today, maybe getting a little more serious and sharing a bit of my life shows you just a small piece of the JOY that can be lived when you open up your heart and mind to Someone bigger...even when things just SUCK.

Peace be with You.
That should counteract my use of non-Christian phrases from earlier...and seriously, peace be with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew