Skip to main content

Seriously...Who does that?...brought to you by the medicated girl


I have a lot on my mind today. This week seems especially anxiety ridden. My full-time job ended almost three weeks ago. That's what happens every June when you work at a school.

The first week of Summer I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off, continuing the process that I started back in April...finding a job for summer! I have my "side job" but whadoya know, bartending 2-4 shifts a week surprisingly doesn't pay all the bills...maybe like 1/2 the rent and a payment on that Visa I racked up the first year out of college.

The second week was "7 Days, Live or Die?" A title Dad came up with for our first ever vacation with "Dot 1" only (Dot = daughter).

Now here I am on week #3 out of a job, sitting in my car, in OB. Don't worry, I'm not living in it, not yet at least! But the "Seriously who does that?" moment I just experienced called for nothing short of a silent, car, sulk sesh.

Before you read this you outta know just a few pieces of the spin cycle going on under that pony tail of mine...and what might have been a minor cause of my stupid, stupid move:

1) I got a call yesterday from Nordstrom and it seems I've been chosen to assist them during their big Anniversary sale in about a week. 10 days of crazy women prematurely shopping for fall attire. I can't afford to purchase and had to be a part of it somehow! So-I will be the person taking your money and wrapping your newly purchased cardigan in tissue for those of you that plan to partake. This is a blessing. A week and a half of insane hours and total madness, but extra income I would not have otherwise had.

2)I have an interview tomorrow for a job that will begin in the fall, that can only work out if about seven other situations fall into place...ya know one of those ones where if it all comes together you know if was divine! The thing is, I shouldn't even be using the gas to get to this interview right now (La Jolla is just SO far away) I'm that broke! Which is why I can't really be focusing on a FALL job, when I need to get my summer ones under control!!! WILLIAM SHATNER!

3) Immediately following Fall job interview (hope it doesn't take longer than an hour and a half) I have an interview for another serving job. I am just praying the Lord will place all these crazy puzzle pieces together to make one nice little clean summer schedule!

4) I started a new migraine medication. I'm high maintenance in a few ways, this is one of them, I get migraines. I'm getting used to the new meds day by day. I'm finally okay with the numbness in random body parts but the feeling like a stoner thing has got to go! (BTW No pun intended on the "High" maintenance thing. But it just jumped out at me. yea ok)

Which leads me to my experience...

I ventured to the OBcean laundry mat (closer than my usual fave that's in Mission Beach) and figured I'd do the whole 2 birds/1 stone thing. While my clothes were drying I'd take a run down the pier, hopefully getting my body moving would make my brain catch up! After 24 minutes of the wash cycle (which I spent reading Job Giant magazine and watching a homeless man play PacMan) I thought I'd save some quarters by drying both loads together, so economical these days. I mean we're in a recession for goodness sake!

I stuffed the clothes in the "Double Loader," threw in $2.50, hit start and then got that feeling, that even stoney kids get when something is just off. The attendant told me I could put all my clothes in that one machine if my hand still could still fit in the machine, on top of the pile. Well it did. But how could it all spin and get dry without more room than just the space of my freakishly small hand?

Wait a minute!

That's a WASHER MACHINE!

That's right, all those whites...and darks just got washed a second time...together! Good one. I will now go take out the very clean garments and put them in the DRYER.

If I don't get more acclimated to these meds I'll be one really BLONDE blonde.
Seriously, who does that?!

Comments

livelaughlove said…
This made me think of you! Watch the video on the page.....
http://www.flylady.net/pages/get_started_1.asp
Rowdy said…
take the J outta 'job' and you got O.B.

=)

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew