Skip to main content

Another EH post

Ya know how there's that generalization about Mexican (or Italian) Catholic families going on for daaaaaaaays? Well, I no longer consider myself Catholic and am only 75% Mexican but...yea I got family for days. On Mother Theresa's side (really that's her name, I never said we weren't once Catholic) I'm one of approximately 50 cousins (translation: 50 primos). We sort of stopped counting after the 2nd cousins climbed to a whopping twenty five. And speaking of 25, being over that age and not having squeezed out a few...puts me behind. It's like I'm forever running the mile in PE...as a quarter-aged adult.

One of my spectacular primos is Cuz Tom. You've heard of him before, if you keep up on Blonde like you should, and know that he is nothing short of entertaining...and smart (ladies?). After some love-stemmed badgering, I got Cuz Tom to join good 'ol Eharm. If you rolled your eyes or even shook your head in a disapproving (or maybe just bewildered) manner, you really need to get in the net. It's no different from Facebook kids...just a more successful engine to hone your e-flirting skills and actually meet some legitimate young adults...how much would they pay me to promote for them? Something to think about. Anyway, Tommy and I have e-bonded over the EHarm and filled each other's inboxes with anecdotal notes on his current date adventures and of course wisdom from a veteran, uh that's me.

While Tom is chomping (at the bit) for a guest spot on B.S.S, for now I will continue considering his request and instead utilize my copy/paste feature to share our informative e-convos.

Some stats
"I have noticed that 75-80% of girls have 'Honesty and trustworthy' in what they are 'looking for.' I guess guys really are dicks. And almost 100% of girls use the 'How much personal space do you need' question in their set. What's the correct response here??? Do guys weekends count as personal space?"
"Yes. Most of you are. And the personal space question is a trick. They wanna make sure you don't have too much time away from them. The option 'I don't need that much' is good or a 'write-in' something like, 'I think balance of all the important things in life is key blah blah blah."
(The personal space thing will figure itself out. No need to have Tommy ruled out by some broad because he's an only child and likes watching football alone all-day-every-Sunday! She'll get used to it...and maybe even make herself useful by preparing a 7-layer dip for the occasion)

Man-view
"My new favorite is that apparently Friday evening is the designated time for chicks to respond on Eharmony. After one communication a day the prior week I got nine last night."
"JJ* has a theory. On Friday nights chicks are at home wishing they were out with their boyfriend like all their other friends. I was forced to explain to him that I threw a wrench in his theory and was totally 'partying it up big time' on Friday nights during my EH stint. duh."

History
"BTW how many dates did you go on with JJ ? How many dates did you go on with any other matches?"
"I held my cards pretty close to my chest with JJ. I had just gotten out of an "IBD" stage (Intrigued by Douches) so typical, and wasn't used to someone so forward and nice. Post Date 1 the schedge went as follows:
D2: Allowed a P/U at my house. I was fairly certain he wouldn't murder me and dispose of my remains at that point. Oh and after dinner and a beer/bowling sesh he went in for the kiss. And achieved his goal.
D3: Casual date. More kissing.
D4: Post date attempt to get some sort of faint verbal commitment from me. No go.
D5: Suckered me into liking him. Post steak dinner at his apartment (clearly over the push the lettace around the plate phase), I finally could see what it'd be like to be with him...like sitting on the couch watching Lopez Tonight sorta thang.
I called it dating after that. A total of 6 weeks in he got to be called my BF. Monumental for all involved. I had gone on about six first dates around that same time and can relate to how bombarding it can be! Lucky for me (as a lady that is) we don't have to shell out cash all the time like you fellas. We do however have higher chances of having to sit across the table from a total jerk-off for upwards of an hour, I suppose it all evens out. Had plans for a D2 with one of those dudes but cancelled since I had already decided he wasn't as great as JJ (aka Thursday night guy at the time) That was an easy one to fig out. My first round with EH I went on two dates with a guy; the first being awkward but a little fun and the second (a LOST finale date at my pad) concluding it was just indeed awkward. I mean, if we can't have a good time sitting on a corduroy couch watching the obviously best show on Television, chances of making the long hall are slim. I had another second date planned with a Season 1 EH match after a great wine bar date but lack of audible communication skills (that means not through text message) led me to nipping those plans in the bud."

*JJ- The boo's initials. I'll give you a hint: Both first and last name can be said with a Spanish accent (mission accomplished) You didn't really think I'd ever date a guy named "JJ." You know me better than that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew