Skip to main content

Hello from 2019

Apparently my last post was in 2017.  My first post (ever) was in 2008 so...Longevity? Yes.  Consistency? Not so much.

Since I started writing here, the WORLD, including my little world, has transformed in so many ways.  If you're picturing me sitting at our front door yelling "Get off my lawn!" you're not too far off from where I sit philosophically, spiritually, politically (yuk) and in all the other -ally ways. Is it weird that regardless of my refusal to conform to today's world as a "young" 30's person, I still consider myself (and my husband) super cool?

I haven't lost my passion for writing, sharing and attempting to lighten the mood, but have found myself a tad intimidated or maybe even confused as to when and how to do it these days...as for the when, I'll just say one word- KIDS.  That should explain why that's an issue.  For the HOW- I wonder...do I have to be all-in *influencer style?...not just writing (does anyone even read anything any more?) but also vlogging, *gram-ing and Facebook live-ing? I'm not trying to sell you anything (yet) JK so I don't think I have to do all that, but who's to say?!
*The term influencer makes me laugh, I mean...wow. I heard about this phenomenon last Halloween, apparently it was a popular costume (if you shop at Urban Outfitters). In case you didn't know I live under a rock- not really, but I do live happily as a stay-at-home-mom/wifey in a little state called Idaho.  Being a mama or Idahoan doesn't make you unaware of what's happening, but for me, adds to my lack of knowledge since I already sorta don't care. 
*I recently learned that no one says "Insta" anymore, but rather "The Gram," (thanks much cooler than me cousins and NBC). I'm thinking I can add an -I.N.G to it and create a verb? Always a tad behind and like everyone else trying to make something a thing...it's not a thing. Or maybe it is, I honestly have no idea.

As I write from our 2 foot high craft table, I have my 21 month old handing me puzzles and books (I'm taking lots of breaks to give her what she needs, trust) and my 4 year old expanding her mind (not in a millennial kind of way) at preschool. My 20-somethings are off living their exciting lives and I wait with baited breath for their calls (if one comes in, this post is toast). You know they want advice from their youthful Mommo whenever they can get it. Or maybe they're completely  patronizing me. Either way, I'm down.  I smell poop.  Time for another break...

I'm back.
You wouldn't even believe all that just got accomplished in 5 minutes.

I have this idea that since everyone else has a "thing" i.e. Mommy blogger (or vlogger, I don't even know anymore), Life Style b/vlogger, Fitness person thing... once again I wonder do I have to be a thing if I'm creating some sort of online "presence?" I'm not sure where I would even fit because sometimes I don't want to talk about mommy-ing, my decor isn't hip enough for you to want my "life style" (the fact that I use the word "hip" should tell you all you need to know) and there are seasons in life where...I'm just not fit enough to tell you about fitness.  So...where do we go from here?

I'm not sure.

I guess I'll just write what I want, but not when I want because let's get real, I'll be doing it when the kids allow me to and the house is clean enough that I allow me to (OCD could be my "thing"). I'll do my best to keep the self-induced pressure off because...for now, this is all I've got to give... an oldschool blog from a-kinda-old school mom.  I don't want to try to do all the things everybody does 'cuz first, I don't know how (like am I using the oldest blog site in the world? probably) and second, I don't really think I have to. You don't either...you do you. Cool saying huh?

Bailey and I are gonna go make a sour dough loaf now. I got a great starter in the fridge.
HASHTAG thisismylife
<--- cool="" huh="" nbsp="" p="" saying="">
God Bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa