Skip to main content

Spring Break '09-Teacher gone wild!

This Spring Break has been quite eventful thus far. It started out last Friday with a Bachelorette Party...not mine, trust me that much could not possibly have progressed in my love life since the last post! It was for the big sis who will be tying the knot in less than 6 weeks! 11 gals set out to Palm Desert to find the following truth: When this many females enter a public place and one of them is wearing a veil, many drinks and even a dinner bill will be picked up by males in close proximity...all weekend.

In addition to this fun and practically free weekend of shenanigans, spring break continued with a Sunday night of long island iced teas and Long Boards reggae (won't mention the next morning, which is proof I'm not as tolerant as I used to be!), a day at the beach, a little bit of bartending, hostessing the besties with a warm-weather apprope dinner, spring cleaning and finally a hair appointment. Note: This blonde is au naturale, but uses some highlight help from time to time, like any good San Diegan

This morning turned into a cleaning sesh with Tivo on in the background, a distraction second to the standard blasting ipod. I made an appointment at my downtown salon for 4:00. Before I knew it, it was quarter 'til and my cleaning attire which included cut-off sweats, a braless status and sweaty Padres hat were without a doubt insufficient. I changed then hurried down side streets to get downtown in the allotted 15 minutes. My general plan of attack for hair appointment parking is as follows: 1) find closest meter to Starbucks 2) After ordering tall, non-fat, decaf, mocha in a venti cup with extra ice, nicely ask the coffee expert for change, quarters specifically. 3) Get delicious beverage 4) Put quarters in meter 4) Walk 3 blocks to salon.
Today, this attack was a no-go. That statistic about 1.5 Starbucks popping up every day is crap! What is 1/2 a Starbucks anyway...maybe the booths that are outside churches and conferences? Anyway, the Starbucks I usually get my imperative quarters from is no longer there! Maybe Obama can make a stimulus plan to help the poor Starbucks company, that's clearly struggling in this economic crisis! I anxiously speed walked (on my bum foot due to a hip hop injury) to the next Starbucks 4 blocks up, past the salon, in fear that in those 10 minutes it took to walk there, order, and return with the quarters, a meter maid would have left me a love note! I gave my 30-second order, hustled back to the meter, then back again to retrieve my mocha, and eventually to the salon. What a day. First I find out the tragic information that my main man (David the colourist) moved to LA and a new gal would be touching up my 'do, then this madness. Samantha ended up doing a fine job, now you can sleep tonight confident that my highlights are still in tact! I left downtown and headed to pick up a much needed paycheck. Good times running into P4. An awkward convo later (which mostly meant him talking about himself) I was back home getting ready for a wild night of left-overs and paying bills online...and let's not forget my beloved LOST is on!

Happy Spring Break to me!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew