Skip to main content

Nay I say.


For some odd reason every area of life seems to be hectic at the same time. A friend of mine had the nickname "Hectic" for a season of her life. This was mostly because she often found herself out and about (code for getting drunk downtown), where chaos seemed to find her. In the last month I've had my car in the shop (driving rental PT Cruiser of course), been the "squeaky wheel" at work to obtain a bigger and better position (they heard my squeak!), a move approaching in two weeks to which the area of the city I am not even certain, a sick grandmother, and wedding festivities where I will share my professional bridesmaid skills approaching in the next week. So much. No other word can describe it, but hectic.

My current roommate was gradually taking her goods and is officially moved out, along with our sofa and kitchen table, as of today. After house hunting online all morning, okay after 11am when I woke from my slumber, I found myself sitting in a beach chair, covered with an old comforter, with boxes of my "quality smalls" (QS's can be anything from picture frames to books to nail polish) surrounding me. I sat down to have some lunch and realized how Nucking FUTS my world is right now. If I could just fast forward to November! (although that would mean missing a day where it's actually appropriate to utilize one's costume box...hmmm) Oh and did I mention Wanda, my precious Honda came home to me Thursday and within two days the battery went dead? Only after having had its alarm go off for 45 minutes in the parking lot of a restaurant, that has mostly patio seating.

With all of this madness going on, it would be so easy to become negative and bum out in the living room all day (on the hardwood floors which are covered in dust bunnies). But, to negativity I say NAY! One day at a time. Tomorrow morning I will get up while it's still dark, I am the antithesis of a morning person, and call AAA to renew my membership (another fun unexpected cost) and get them to send over someone to tow my car once again, back to the shop. I have a plan to tell them it must be their fault somehow and it should fall under the warranty they gave me. Then I'll very nicely ask Joe (toe truck driver, duh) to drop me off at work, in the tow truck. On my prep period I'll continue to call on apartments and hope that I can get a ride to the appointments I make to go see them!

As for now, I will return to my purple beach chair and watch Along Came Polly, a romantic comedy which I wisely recorded earlier this afternoon, in anticipation of exhaustion after serving Bombay Sapphires and "Sunday Sundaes." Life is good.

Comments

thiakaren said…
Thats right girl! Nay to being sad. You have so much joy for life that you can handle this no sweat! and if you need help, McDonalds cones are only .99 cents. treat yourself to one and sit in that beach chair with a good book and know you are loved! Hugs Karen~

Popular posts from this blog

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Midnight Velvet

I recently noticed a catalogue that has been sent to my house. Either my roommate is a closet weirdo or I have a few questions for Mrs. Kilrain who lived here pre-November. Midnight Velvet carries many a product. They sell everything from wall sconses with engraved churchy sayings to "Chocolate Passion Powder" and crushed velvet jump suits. I immediately wonder what individual has needs for all of these products. hmm.