Skip to main content

So happy I could vomit...somore

I've said it before...this is not a "hey check out my life!" blog. If you feel compelled to check out my life you can see my facebook. Yea that's right I post pictures and a status update from time to time, what? That being said, I just can't refrain from an update-ish post...a sequel really, to last week's: I'm so happy I could vomit.

This week I can lift my arms over my head. Yea. I can wash my hair and even reach for a bowl from the cupboard for my cereal in the morning. It's kindofa big deal. Lord knows I need the fiber these days.

In addition to the development of my once T-Rex arm span, I don't have stitches anymore. Now I just have to keep myself from literally vomiting when I change my medical tape every 3 days in the shower. Barf. It'll all be worth it in the near future...once I can run around bra less (like all the other females in Ocean Beach) and get through a day without Extra Strength Tylenol and Law and Order reruns.

I drove my car for the first time post surge and not only felt capable and mentally there (a first in seven days) but also enjoyed the destination and jams awaiting me. If there are two dirty things I love in life...it's J in the B and the Dogg. I drove my car to Jack and the Box and heard Snoop Dogg on the way. I mean get real, curly fries are delicious and any song with Snoop D O double G in it is worth listening to, even if Katy Perry is involved.
Bonus!

Since it's mid month, Obama's people are in between paying me (hello?!) which means today I drove around town, with consciousness and precision, using up the disheveled gift cards from deep within my wallet. With $8 in one's checking account, untouched credit to Sports Authority and Target can be quite useful. For example, tonight's meal, Hamburger Helper, shoved in the back of my pantry, will be eaten in all its glory, because of the $2 frozen ground turkey I was able to purchase at....uh Target. The socks (from other said store that got my biz today) will be handy tomorrow when I go on my first cardio expedition. My current ankle sock inventory needs to be washed, which FYI costs three buckaroos here in my apartment complex. See how it all works out...every time! While some may be stressed on the 14th of the mo when the cash flow becomes a slow drizzle really, I see it as an adventure, and when all goes well (like today)...an exciting adventure ;)

All this financial venturing will come to a halt soon. What's that you ask? Did I just get offered a full time job with decent pay and excellent benefits? Why yes, yes I did. And it starts next week. This will begin exactly two weeks after becoming a lady-like D cup, the perfect amount of time for recovery and unemployment. Didn't I say it always works out? Don't check posts from three months ago, I may have been singin a different tune. Nonetheless I'm saying it now, life has a way of doing that.

That's about it for the updateISH post. I'll go back to vague, sarcastic rambling ASAP. Don't worry babes, you can sleep tonight ;)

Comments

Rowdy said…
im glad you're getting better. (i wish i was)

by spring time this will all be a memory for you.

congrats on keeping your spirits up.

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew