Skip to main content

Boobs

I'm pretty good at labeling things. I particularly enjoy the kind of labels that explain where things go, like on a stack of plastic drawers maybe...

I tend to feel like everything should be labeled or loosely fit into a category. Socks and sports bras in the same drawer?! Whaaat?! They both are worn under things. And I just created a category. In all seriousness how do my husband and kids put up with this? It's a true miracle.

One of the many things I love about blogging is that I don't have to fit all that I want to share into just one category.  I can pretend one day that Blonde Story Short is a (fill in your favorite type of blog) blog and the next week it's a (fill in your second favorite type of blog) blog.  I can write whatever I want!  Thank you Blog Spot.  What a contribution you have made to my life, and hopefully others'.

Since the beginning of the new year, I've been setting aside time to write, because I really LOVE writing. Since I found myself poking around B.S.S, I began reading old posts...throwing down some edits...and eventually labeling!  As usual I do whatever cool people do, 2-5 years after they do it. I finished The Hunger Games series like a week ago. I mean, why read it when it comes out in 2008 when you can wait until 2014? I'm also just getting into the whole mis-matching thing (see my recent post with a yellow top and turquoise necklace- It's pretty WILD) Everyone who blogs uses the labeling or categories feature. I however am just discovering it..and I like it.

So far, I've gone through almost half of my 238 posts (that began in 2008- when my new favorite Adventure/Science Fiction book came out). It's amazing what labeling does for finding patterns. Here's the list so far:

Boobs
Books
Boys
Busy
Chocolate
Clothes
Coffee
Dance
Decorating
Doing dumb things
ESFP
Family
Fashion
Friends
Girl Stuff
God
Hair
Hobos
Holidays
Job
Lessons
Life
Love
Mid-20's
Moms
Music
Over-thinking
Pizza
Politics
Shopping
Struggles
Tact
Tangent
Teaching
Therapy
Traveling Adventures
TV
Updates
Why?
William Shatner
Workin' out
Writing
Yellow

If these labels prove anything, it's that from 22 to approximately 25, I was a little off.
I still over-think, struggle at times, and use William Shatner as a curse word- you have to yell it or else it doesn't work.

If you've had a blog for more than a couple of years, I highly recommend going through old posts.  It is a trip.

I labeled the Christmas cupcakes I made for work last month. It's important to know whether you are
enjoying the "North Pole cupcake" or the "Naughty cupcake" (which includes a Hershey's
kiss posing as a lump of coal). Labeling treats has likely been in since '06.
I took it up this holiday
season.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew