Skip to main content

Besitos- A Bachelor Final Rose Recap

Awwwwwwwwwkward 
It is a challenge to really structure this "recap" post, so instead I turn to bullet points- let's call them Besitos.
  • If I had to use one word over and over again, and I did from 8-11pm last night, it would be Awkward! Awkward scenes with Claire, Awkward Venezuelan family scenes, Awkward that Nikki isn't loved...just so awkward.

  • Did anyone else feel I don't know, NOT surprised at all, when Claire shared that she had never "told off" a man before? Yea...we could tell.  We like you for the most part...but that move needs some work.  The worst thing you can ever do while telling someone off is stumble over your (awkward) words.  Truly the only part I could get behind was her Stand-Back-Buddy! pose when he immediately went in for a hug after dumping her (in lieu of proposing). 
Where it all began...the big TELLING Off, that is


  • Hey Nikki, stop pretending you DON'T care if this man says he loves you or not.  It's okay to be a human being and want to be loved...mostly by the person you claimed YOU loved in front of the entire county. Get real. I'm reminded of a scene from my early 20's... I was out in PB with a group of friends, one being an extremely bright friend from college (she's now a Doctor, normal things). Two of us (at the time) had pritty, pritty large chests *This is why "Boobs" is an official Label on this blog, for another time... From inside a cab, the Dr. yelled out the window to some rif raf, "HEY!  YOU WANNA SEE SOME DOUBLE D's!?"  Naturally the entire purpose was to make us Double D'ers squirm. It worked.  The group (of rif raf) surprisingly ignored her.  The Dr's response, "NO?!?....You're a LIAR!"  Case in point. *To take this parallel a bit deeper: Wanting to see big boobs (males) = wanting to be loved (females).  If you say you don't want either, well you're just not telling the truth.  And also, males like love too. 

  • I haven't been a big fan of Sharleen (the Opera lady) this season but I thought she did an amazing job articulating how Juan Pablo's family "warned" the girls about him, then how he completely patronized Claire leading her to ignore her intuition.  I mean literally, his mother said that he was rude and made her cry. His primo (I speak spanish, did you know that?) asked BOTH girls how good at NOT running away they were.  Hmmmm.  Also, I'm beginning to think Sharleen gets prettier and prettier as the time after her dramatic exit goes on.  But last night...that lipstick! I found it a little big terrifying.       
  • bachelor-finale-sharleen-eyelashes
    If her lips were red I'd probably want to be her.  Instead, they're purple.



  • Back to Nikki...She deserves some attention for crying out loud...even if it's just from bloggers! In case you didn't watch, JP (silent J- not to be confused with Bachelorette Ashley's season) wants everything, including whether or not he loves his final rose recipient, to be "private." Poor girl went on the Bachelor for at least a little fame.  Sheesh.  Nikki has a super hot bod. I have to admit if my stomach were that flat, I'd probably dress a little on the provocative side too.  Just being honest.  However, there is a time and definitely a place!  Exposing your entire back and back tat is one thing on a beach in Saint Lucia, maybe even atop a horse.  Heading to meet your future in-laws (OR possibly to your engagement) in such attire is quite another. I'm pretty sure everyone will remember how impressive Nikki's body is even if it's slightly covered up a few times...
Heading to the final rose and romantic "I like you aLOT!" 

  • I absolutely love the way Chris Harrison handled everything on the very awkward (told you I'd keep saying it) After the Final Rose show.  I think I may have said (to the TV) "Good for HIM!" a couple of times. Way to say exactly what "Bachelor Nation" is thinking and handle your own in the midst of such pride and arrogance. Chris really has this gig down.

  • So.  Many.  More. Comments.  But only so many besitos to go around.

  • I close the door on this season with one very important lesson:  Don't marry (or date) the guy that all of America despises.  Don't even marry or date the guy that any of your friends or family despise.  

How about that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew