Skip to main content

I need a yob




A few "posts" ago I said I got a job...and to stay tuned.
Good thing I didn't waste any more minutes of my life writing about that job because I didn't end up taking it! I swear if I change my mind one more time...I don't know what, but something crazy! It turned out that after some negotiation, homie (the employer) did NOT want to properly compensate me for the work that I was going to be responsible for. No thanks. I suppose I'll just wait for something better.

Today Miss Green called me and told me her manager at Nordstrom needed someone for the holidays. GREAT! So I'll be a little batty selling crazy Christmas shoppers clothing, but I'll make some money! Woo hoo. I'm meeting with Nordi's tomorrow, based on what past experiences have shown I'm probably speaking too soon, but it sounds promising.

Also in the works- a connection at a local high school.

So we'll see what happens...current possibilities in my mind:
1. Work at Nordi's until January, then work at the high school
2. The High school calls me before Nordi's offers me the job and I take that one right away...and get 2 weeks paid vacay for Christmas and New Years (less likely than the former possibility)

I started thinking today about all of the jobs I've had...

1.Hostess at Marie Callenders (the mean and older female servers called me "Barbie" and I had to memorize way too many pies!)
2.Cleaning my friend's dad's house (made me realize what a slob my friend and her siblings were, I found myself yelling about spaghetti sauce splashed all over the microwave, how hard is it to put a paper towel over your plate!?...not so great for our friendship)
3.Nannying for many, many interesting families including: 5 year old that was still breast fed (by the mom, not me), 4 year old who was smarter than me and his parents,4 year old that threw up a lot, Jewish 8 and 10 yr old boys who physically fought and hit me when I tried to break it up, infant that screamed non stop...and so on.
4.Life guard at Raging Waters, I was the person who said "Cross your arms and your ankles, exit quickly to the right at the bottom of the slide and have a RAGING DAY!!! (and down the slide you go)"...I also rescued various overweight asian men.
5.Selling clothes at Express in ghetto West Covina mall
6.Student secretary at PLNU's Physical Plant "We need a plumber in Nease Hall stat!"
7.Teaching Preschool in two different cities
8.Teaching Kindergarten
9.Serving and Bar tending at a private club

10.?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Midnight Velvet

I recently noticed a catalogue that has been sent to my house. Either my roommate is a closet weirdo or I have a few questions for Mrs. Kilrain who lived here pre-November. Midnight Velvet carries many a product. They sell everything from wall sconses with engraved churchy sayings to "Chocolate Passion Powder" and crushed velvet jump suits. I immediately wonder what individual has needs for all of these products. hmm.