Skip to main content

Possibly a perfect day

Today has the potential to be possibly a perfect day.

Started out the morning by waking up on my own instead of to the deafening sound of my alarm clock...which is strategically placed on the furthest part of my night stand making it necessary for me to get out of bed to turn it off. On a usual day when I have to be woken by the beast of beeping I am immediately a little irritated, more so than the normal irritated state I'm in when being forced to leave my slumber!

I lied in my cozy bed for a while, thinking, in and out of REM and then got up before 9:00am, quite impressive on my day off I thought. I hit the gym to make it to the 9:30 Turbo Kick Boxing class. Oh my release! I love pretending to kick and knee and punch someone (kinda creepy, we all have our quirks). Then did some legit arm exercises and finished up by getting in my zen, stretching in the quiet dark room downstairs. Of course there was the standard trainer stretching her client and making small talk, but I was able to drown it out, focusing on the more-than-the-average female's sweat on my shirt.

I stopped by a friend's (who is recently the mom of two) to see the new baby and dote on the toddler. Holding baby Ashlyn was food for my soul! So precious and teeny! I want one...in the future, that sleeps often, cries seldom and looks cute in pink :)

Came home, checked my email (and this blogtastic website)and had some of the homemade enchiladas I made yesterday for lunch. Yes, my family is white as can be, but I don't care who you are...my Grandma's enchilada recipe is 'da bomb!

Now I'm about to meet a friend at UTC ( a La Jollan mall) then off to my 4pm interview at Nordi's. If I get the job for this season, this will indeed have been a perfect day. Either way, I'll meet 5 of my favorite people in the world for dinner around 6ish to complete this mid-week glory.

The only thing that could make this day better would be having more hours in it to finish the scarf I've been knitting, the book I've been reading (just have the epilogue left), and maybe shop a little if the funds were available.

Happy Wednesday Everybody!!!

Comments

Rowdy said…
how did the job interview go??
It was good...hopefully Sue (Nordi's VIP) didn't discern my not so excited attitude through my smile and fake enthusiasm! If she offers the job I'm takin it!

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew