Skip to main content

I MAY be high maintenence

I like to flippantly look through my "Eharm" matches, sort of like casually browsing an US Weekly. I don't spend a lot of time (mostly due to not having it) reading every word, studying every picture and on and on. I'm really just looking for the quick facts and only paying close attention to things that catch my eye. In the magazine this might be an Oscars' fashion centerfold, on the Eharm this could be "Height 6'5"under the basic info portion. For me, there are two options after a quick scan of a profe...to close or to go forward with that first round of significantly deep questions. So I guess it comes down to I either don't care to ever meet you OR I'm interested in knowing how often you find yourself laughing a) You crack yourself up b) You laugh often but get serious when you need to...I think you get the picture here.

After a fierce talking-to from one of my parentals, I try really hard not to be "too harsh." It's a good thing this blog is blocked from a certain place of work! I'm thinking the "You'll be Closed if..." post may have been exactly what I was accused of! According to Mom, that guy may have a "bad photo" (or 4) and "you can't judge someone on one thing they say...they may not like what YOU have to say" to which I retort, "yea okay..." Between you and I, the truth is, I don't really care if they don't like what I have to say. At least I know that YOU do, generally speaking ;)

All that being said, I'll now go on to rant (for lack of a better word in my post-Sunday-nap haze) about what goes through my head while sizing up my many a matches. These things may be evidence to the fact I am, dare I say it...High Maintenance. I'm not referring to the "HM" gals that take hours to get ready (cmon I don't even shower half the time), require great accommodations (really? throw me in a closet and I'm likely to fall asleep) or even those HMers that constantly shop (okay I'm getting closer). I believe I may be high maintenance in regards to those minor details that don't even run past most's minds.
This evening the following facts/reasoning following them in my sick, sick mind, resulted in some mass CLOSE OUTS:
1) Fact-Gamer photo. In one of the photos, in which he looked attractive btw, Mr Match had a video game remote in his hand. What my sick mind concludes from this-You love playing video games, are possibly immature, lazy and have A.D.D.

2) Fact-Messy room in the background. Again this is a photo related non negotiable. And the sick mind concludes- You are messy. Two words. Not OK.

3) Fact-Written that you wish more people would notice your "deepness" which you refer to as a "flowing, deep river." Um...this one is easy. Conclusion- You are either TOO deep for myself or you are pretending to be because you think chicks dig it, most likely the second option.

4) Fact-Photo of you in a sweaty bar has a caption explaining that you are singing Journey. Sick conclusion- You live in P.B. and have a tribal band tattoo somewhere on your body.

5) Fact-You are below 26 and in the military. Sick conclusion- You are too young for me and are gone all the time OR stationed but hanging out with a bunch of dudes all day, leading to the same conclusion as the messy match-immaturity.
Turns out I'm not ashamed of my high maintenance behaviors, being that I just wrote them out for you to read...and provided just a little sampling of the sickness going on up there. Hey some things aren't negotiable. Like singing cliche songs and not putting your clothes away. Duh.

Comments

Rowdy said…
you're just picky, that's all.

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew