Skip to main content

In the most NON cynical way...

I should say "in the LEAST cynical way," but it just didn't catch me as much as my grammatically incorrect title written above.

It's coming out tonight...The big "C" in me, which by the way, I always initially spell with an "S." The fact that I write this word often enough to have a habit related to it is probably an unfortunate sign, or perhaps one that means I'm super reflective and honest about who I am??? No, it definitely just means I'm a cynic. Damn it.

I can't help but write (and put out into the world) something on tonight's current event...and a "status update" on Facebook would just not do the trick.

For those of you that followed "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love" this season, you'll have at least a faint idea of what I'm talking about. For those of you that did not follow, you're WELCOME for giving you this useful and critical opinion on the whole thing...an opinion which I encourage you to take on.

Here we go...
Really Pilot Jake? Really? You chose the two polar opposites that existed on the show. The woman that talks in a sweet little voice (although to me it sounds as if there is a biscuit stuck in her trachea), who even when you "don't chose" her goes on to thank you for the experience, compliment you and never...stop...smiling?! Your second choice was the girl that no other girl in the "house" (or the motor home in this particular season, ABC's low budge?) liked! Really? Out of 25 females, NO ONE likes her? hmmm. I know that it's standard for one's MOM to assume/insist that when other females are mean to her daughter it's because "they're jealous," but c'mon you're a grown man...you should know better than that.

Here's my theory, I know it's weird to hear me say that because I just never have theories on anything...especially deep and convicting theories!

Vienna, the one who won Jake's heart (and a series of roses which are definitely dead by now) is the girl that Jake the conservative/Texan accented/pilot could never get. He was always the nice guy. The hot blonde (fake blonde revealed her roots by episode 5) with extensions, tattoos and just a tad bit of white-trash-fashion-sense (think daisy dukes, off the shoulder shirt with white wife beater tank revealed underneath) ever looked at twice! She never gave the Jakes of her high school (or probably junior college) a chance at all! And so as Mr Wings, you're intrigued! All of the sudden you are "The Bachelor" and if that's not enough of an ego boost for ya, you got the "hot" (quotes on purpose) bad girl falling "in love" (more loaded quotes) with you.

SCORE! Now you can go through the rest of your life trying to persuade the women in your family, i.e your MOTHER, that she really is "sweet," and hoping that the 23 year-old, bad girl you so luckily ended up with doesn't CHEAT on you!

Some men will just never learn.

Okay I'm done...I think I'll check my Eharmony account now. Good night.

Comments

Rowdy said…
Frankly, he probably picked the one who he thought would be the best in bed.

"Hey, I'm just keepin' it real!", is my excuse for saying it. But I think it's true.
Karen Carter said…
Three times at least when I almost threw up a a little.Chloe and I counted how many tiems they said "journey" but we lost count...
1. Vienna meeting Jakes parents and their look of total disgust.
2. Jake telling Tenley that there was no "heat" when what he really meant was "how do you expect me to know if there's chemistry if you keep acting with total class and moral integrity?"
3. Jeffrey Osborn returning to sing On The Wings of Love which was cheezy in 1982 and was therefore nausearific in 2010.

Popular posts from this blog

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Midnight Velvet

I recently noticed a catalogue that has been sent to my house. Either my roommate is a closet weirdo or I have a few questions for Mrs. Kilrain who lived here pre-November. Midnight Velvet carries many a product. They sell everything from wall sconses with engraved churchy sayings to "Chocolate Passion Powder" and crushed velvet jump suits. I immediately wonder what individual has needs for all of these products. hmm.