Skip to main content

The latin man with which I ate a shrimp ceasar.


With so much to report on the dating front, I struggle to maintain a focal point. You see, there's an epic battle that goes on in my head (among others): to write on one topic and stay (or at least appear) focused OR to throw it all out there and allow you to experience a sufficient part of the mayhem.

In attempt to get to bed at a reasonable hour and less selfishly, protect YOU from establishing an overwhelming disdain for the topic at hand...I will stick to just one thing:

The latin man with which I ate a shrimp ceasar.

On the third of my 4 dates in four days (shout out to the world wide web) I set out on a latin themed adventure. We met at a Mexican restaurant in...you guessed it, Pacific Beach. The crazy part is that I chose the location, and we know how I feel about PB. On my way to the beloved beach town, running late naturally, I sped through neighborhoods and quickly took in the obscene amount of Beer Pong being played. That's neither here nor there I suppose. A lovely intro into the evening I'd soon experience though.

Arrived, met, and onto the good stuff...

Initially I pegged the latin as muy aburrido (very boring). Quite the contrary. As the night went on, I learned more and more muy interesante facts about Senor Latino; where he's lived, that he's a rocket scientist, and oh yea...the fact that he's a total creepo. *I sorta wanted to just say creep as it's the best possible description, but felt it should be more spanish sounding, to fit the theme obviously.

Senor said a few questionable things (purposely in my humble not-so-expert-on-dating opinion) that were not the effect of our fish bowl sized margaritas. I believe they were for an all too familiar attempt to "intrigue" a lady by keeping her wondering what the eff you're talking about. One fine example is the sort of compliment but OH PSYCH YOUR MIND IT"S NOT a compliment technique. A real go-getter.

"Yea your photos were really nice...really nice." Thanks. Thanks? Wait a sec, does that mean I don't look really nice in person? What the hell amigo?
"Yea you're like rocking the heels and stuff." Uh, yes, yes I am. Are you trying to say that you like my heels? No? Okay.

There were also a few awesome "I"m super latin" comments.
"Women shouldn't take jobs away from men who need them to support their families" and then opposing to latin culture but still offensive to women comments like, "I just don't like women in my kitchen. I'm the cook." You can imagine my subtle responses to this sort of dialogue. Lucky for him, tequila makes me sweet (sorta), rather than feisty like vodka does! Yikes.

I have to say that the evening was extremely entertaining and since that would be the only expectation I go into like situations with, I was satisfied, kinda. I did enjoy the over poured beverage and fresh-mex cuisine, I must say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Midnight Velvet

I recently noticed a catalogue that has been sent to my house. Either my roommate is a closet weirdo or I have a few questions for Mrs. Kilrain who lived here pre-November. Midnight Velvet carries many a product. They sell everything from wall sconses with engraved churchy sayings to "Chocolate Passion Powder" and crushed velvet jump suits. I immediately wonder what individual has needs for all of these products. hmm.