Skip to main content

My 2 latest issues involve the word "MO-FO"


Let's start with "Mo-fo" issue #1.
Last Monday I was asked to make a list of helpful hints for a coworker (at my bartending job). She would be opening the bar solo the next day and needed some essential reminders...things like; put place mats and rolled up silverware out so people can help themselves etc...just your average list of frivolous information that surprisingly makes a difference. I titled the list "Things that will make life easier." I got a friendly call from my manager on Saturday. FYI I'm not a fan of work related calls on Saturdays-I tend your bar 2 nights a week, beyond that I'd like you to pretend I don't exist!
She asked me if I remembered #5 on my list of reminders. Obvious response-"Um...nope." There's only so much room in this head and trust me there's already a lot goin' on up there, I don't recall what "#5."  She continued, "Well you wrote, 'Make extra iced tea, people drink it like Mo-fos'" Then there was some silence and confusion on my end. My defense: a) I put my list in a place where no one could see it b) The horrific #5 was on page three of a tiny server pad, invisible to the naked eye and c) It was a fricken joke! They really do drink insane amounts of iced tea! OK fine, I'm immature.

I got scolded (like a struggling child) for poor judgment, use of language and insensitivity to the generational gap. According to Manager, "Being called a mother ****er is pretty hard to misinterpret." Does anybody else see how ridiculous this is? And since said new bartender was the only person who should've been behind that bar at 11:00am, I think our main concern outta be: Who's snoopin' around the liquor?!
Crisis overted. Didn't get fired.

Mo-fo issue #2...all within the same week mind you:
I'm not a man. Shocker I know. Because I'm not a man, there are certain things I just will never understand. I'll skip the whole football topic (rules of the game and general interest in it are mind-boggling) and move along, in consideration to your time as a reader of course.

I've been seeing (casually seeing, I have commitment issues) a new guy-"P4" for those of you with some prior knowledge. He's super, super sweet. He is consistent, thoughtful and thus far I like what I see. It's making the daunting task of dating bearable for sure. There's only one problem...he TOO likes the word mo-fo...only not the abridged version! He doesn't always use that distasteful word, but seldom is too much. It is just beyond me why some men (I said some, trying to get away from blanket statements) think talking like this is cool. The part that interests me about this particular gentleman is the sweet part! I'm not in the market for Mr. BADA$$! I know there are many girls that don't exactly disprove the "nice guys finish last" theory, I've been one of them in my time. But, the reality of the situation is that the legit girls (tooting my own horn as I include myself in this group) like the NICE guys! The mo-fo talk is totally over-rated. If anyone is impressed by this, it's going to be a bunch of dudes...in a bar...that ride Harleys!

Here's to a brighter (literally) week...without any mo-fos in it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m