Skip to main content

A rendezvous recap

Feeling much better today about a few things. First, at the end of the work day yesterday i was pretty much certain that my kiddos would be failing the current huge project they're working on. Today, with a styrophome (go green) cup of coffee in hand, I was not only able to finish up the biggest part of the project with them, but able to help everyone out with their photo shoot portion (thanks to the 'ol Box o fun Costume box) and dance a little with my two favorite middle schoolers. They think I'm crazy. I'm okay with it. Now I can leave for Sister's wedding and not feel like it's the end of the world back at work! Second, date #1 down.

A rendezvous recap:
I had to push the time back a half hour, so not to rush my gal time. I took a survey of my 4 besties, very intelligent women of course, and asking him to pick me up at 8:30 instead of 8:00 was perfectly okay. So I went with their opinion, being that I know close to nothing about dating...and hate the process. He called right on time, 7:00, to get directions to my humble abode. After two dishes with the gals (One being risotto, the other being us dishing about our lives) I went home to quickly do a few things.

1. fix the couch cushions
2. touch up my make up
3. change into the already decided by the gals, outfit
4. Hairspray the 'do that my Steffy did for me...she's going to be the best mom ever someday :)
5. Pray that I wasn't obviously nervous (praying I wasn't nervous at all would just be ridiculous)
6. Put on deodorant
7. Put dishes away at T-2 minutes to stay busy and not go nuts...or decide against the whole thing and change into pajamas.

Imagine...what if in avoidance of possible awkward-ability, I shut all the blinds, turned the porch light off and just went to bed instead? That would be a terribly rude thing to do but I have to admit there are times when this mind of mine goes to places like this! I usually don't give into the mean-spirited ideas, but am not afraid to play with them just a little bit.

Of course I didn't do this, already had done my hair anyway, might as well put it to good use, being that it's so very rare. Door bell rang, "How are You's" flew, and we walked to his car where he would open the door for me: 5 points. I try to give points out for actions like this, on a 30 point scale of course, depending on length of date, a 40-50 point scale is sometimes more appropriate. All bueno. Dinner was part of the package, and he paid. You'd think these two small details would be no-brainers, but sometimes you just don't know what's going to go down here in ManDiego! Gotta be prepared as a single lady. Everything checks out. Upon his request, we will be watching the "Lost" season finale this evening. Two hours on a couch, my roomie chillin too, less "datey" scene, hoping for a little more natural interaction. I know I'll be less nervous, especially since I plan on being in flannel footed pajamas. Kidding. I'm not sure of the verdict quite yet.

Stay tuned, I know I will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's why I shouldn't have a dog

This week I'm babysitting...a dog. Notice I didn't say dog sitting. The first time I watched her she was a puppy, an "untrained" puppy. That means she did her business all over my apartment, for an entire week. The positive reinforcement give-her-a-treat-when-rarely pooping-outside trick was not successful. Since I was teaching a two week Yoga and writing course at the time, with flexible hours, I figured the availability to come home at lunch, take her back to school with me etc would make for an easy week. False. As those of you who've followed my previous dating life have already concluded, I'm not too quick of a learner. And so, I committed to babysitting this dog again. I'm on Summer break, why wouldn't I have a dog with me...all day long? One that is no longer under 20 pounds especially. In the past 24 hours I've decided I should NEVER have a dog because of the following reasons: 1. The noise created by said dog chewing a bone makes me wa

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew