Skip to main content

Please mind the gap...


...between now and the last blog. Trust me I've wanted nothing more than to share my thoughts and recent observations. My journal (the unedited and even more personal version of my blog) has gotten a lot more action lately! My bad. So yes I've still been writing, helpful to keep some form of sanity and YES I've missed all of my blogtastic readers!

Got a lot going on in my head and my heart right about now...I feel compelled to go on and on about the last three weeks of life occurrences, but I generally try to refrain from a "keep updated on my life" blog and stick to more of a "huh? that's kinda funny" type of blog. As solely a means of showing how incredibly crazy life has been, I'll give you a brief run down in bullet point form:

1. Cinco de Mayo=White people drinking Margaritas...PB...eery feeling it's 2007 again (my crazy year which included a lot of PB, and I don't mean peanut butter)...seeing one of the old "P4" and having fun (actually not fun at all, more eye opening) interaction...riding bike to work the next morning due to good decision to leave car in parking lot down by the bay!
2. Sister's wedding is here! As I sit down to write out my MOH speech, I sweat and my neck breaks out in hives...lookin' forward to speaking in front of 300 people.
3. I've probably worked harder in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 5 months at my job. Got the kiddos workin' hard on end of the year projects, which means me holding 8 hands and walking them through all of it...and typing their stories so that it doesn't take an eternity! Just gave one child our institution's version of detention, don't be disrespectin' miss Blonde Story Short my friend! You will be picking up trash at lunch time!
4. I bought a beach cruiser, oh happy day! Thirty dolla dolla bills on craigslist. No worries, I checked it all out before I went alone to purchase, was not a middle aged perv...Mom didn't have to worry.
5. Got a little datey date tonight. Running through my mind currently: Let's see, I told him my day ended at 7:30, he offered to pick me up at 8 or 8:30, I said 8 would work. We're going to a place that serves food and drinks.My commitment before, that leads me to be unavailable until 7:30, is din with my gals...wouldn't miss it for the world of course. Plus who will help me pick out an outfit if not them! Anyway, back to my wonderment... Should I eat with my gals first? Is this a dinner date? How weird is it to say, "Hey, uh lookin' forward to the ol hang out sesh tonight...should I plan on you buying me some food? Should I eat dinner before? Also, are you going to be paying ? Cuz my account is 'bout to be overdrawn, so if you're not going to get that bill, I'll go ahead and whip something up before you come get me!" Probably gonna just play it by ear. I guess I'm more of a planner than I give myself credit for.
6. I'm exhausted. I gotta somehow fit in a pedicure, spray tan (weather is not helping out my Caucasian-ness) and dentist appointment before the wedding event of the century! I figure at least if I'm tan, white teethed and polished the guests will be less likely to hate my toast! Got my work cut out for me here at school and can't stop my mind long enough to fall asleep at night! I feel like a crack head! Thank you Tylenol PM for your faithfulness to helping me pass out, even though it makes me a stoner in the morning!
7. I have an amazing poem I'll soon post. I didn't write it...that would have made me sound super conceited! Anyway, I'm thinking of reading it along with my speech, vamos a ver. Stay tuned...it'll inspire you.

Nothin but love,
A very busy Blonde

Comments

Karen Carter said…
Welcome back!! As far as the speech goes you need not worry.When someone is as real and witty as you are it will come so naturally! If you speak anything like you write you are a shoe in. BIG TIME!! I dont like Sharon!And when I say her name it sounds like ozzy screaming "sharon" from the Osbourne reality show. I love beach cruisers, I am white and margaritas are my favorite drink oops, go to the date hungry and if he isn't treating(which is uncalled for by the way) have a bowl of cereal when you get home. no more tylenol pm makes you too drowsy. Try the Costco sleep aids. AMAZING I love your blog...keep writing...hugs Karen ~

Popular posts from this blog

Strategerie...

I want to love people (somehow)in all circumstances. I've been thinking lately that's the whole reason we're here. God gave us a place to figure out how to do that, to figure out where the balance is in all scenarios concerning relationships... Where's the balance between loving people and setting boundaries for yourself? Being tactful and being truthful? Thinking of your needs and being selfish? Behavior that's healthy and unhealthy? Friendly and overbearing? Extrovert and introvert? Needing people and using people? Making things happen and waiting for things to happen? Flirting and well, too much flirting? Admiration and Jealousy? Being strategic (strategerie if you will, if a President says it, it must be a word) and conniving? Childlike innocence and adulthood? I don't want to focus on these things and being "balanced" so much so that I'm inhibited all the time, but I do think being aware is essential...purposeful even! Something to chew

This ship's about to sail

Here in Man Diego there are a lot of...you guessed it, MEN! I've encountered a few. Although I've made some strides in my effort to leave behind "Blanket Statements" (which ironically can be shortened to B.S.) I still hold onto some of the reasonable ones. We've talked before, well I've written and you've read rather, about dating and the inevitable game of text messaging. Thanks to At&T's unlimited plan I haven't gone completely broke yet. Texting is by far the #1 men's choice for communicating. Those fellas just love it. It's less effort than a call and seemingly more friendly than an email. My point is texting is where it's at. You better believe that if you're in your mid 20's anywhere remotely in the vicinity you will be utilizing this technological beast. I went on a date about 2 weeks ago with a "Nice" guy. Note: "Blog guy" existed somewhere in the middle of nice guy's stint. Remember m

Midnight Velvet

I recently noticed a catalogue that has been sent to my house. Either my roommate is a closet weirdo or I have a few questions for Mrs. Kilrain who lived here pre-November. Midnight Velvet carries many a product. They sell everything from wall sconses with engraved churchy sayings to "Chocolate Passion Powder" and crushed velvet jump suits. I immediately wonder what individual has needs for all of these products. hmm.